Contemporary Cuisine - Raw Bar by Duncan Ly Edition
Our final FDC 104 Contemporary Cuisine class of the year took place at the newly reopened Raw Bar by Duncan Ly. I was impressed by the updated Vietmodern menu and the inspired interpretations of Vietnamese cuisine. The bright new look of the space was also a plus.
Our menu of the night consisted of the following:
- Bbq pork & shrimp salad roll with hoisin peanut sauce
- Seafood tamarind soup with king oyster mushroom, pineapple, okra, green onions
- Chargrilled Angus NY steak with roasted Asian vegetables, lemongrass & coconut potatoes, soya beef jerky & herb salad
- Mango panna cotta with seasonal fruit salad, Vietnamese love letter cookie
My favourite dish was the flavourful seafood tamarind soup with a hint of pineapple sweetness. I’d also recommend giving the Vietmodern coffee a try - the condensed milk foam was delicious.
More information on the course can be found here.
"Visit the most cutting-edge restaurants in Calgary on this five-week exploration of contemporary cuisine. We’ll taste the new trends, sample the latest ingredients, and see what the most creative chefs are cooking. Each meal is an additional $30, including GST and gratuity, and is paid directly to the restaurant."
- Source: foodstyleaholic.com