Afternoon Tea at Fairmont Palliser
Afternoon tea is a great way to spend time catching up with friends and the Fairmont Palliser offers one right here in Calgary. Served in the Lobby Lounge and Oak Room Mondays through Saturdays, afternoon tea is available at a rate of $30 per guest.
The afternoon tea menu at Fairmont Palliser is as follows:
- Fresh Fruit Cocktail - fresh melon balls served with Grand Marnier syrup
- Oven Fresh Scones - dried cranberry and lemon thyme scones served with house-made jam and Devonshire cream
- Tea Sandwiches - sliced roast beef with horseradish crème fraîche, chicken salad with apple slaw, English cucumber with cherry tomato, smoked salmon pin wheels with dill cream cheese and capers
- Assorted Dainty Pastries - Dobos tarte (5 layered almond sponge cake with chocolate buttercream), fruit tartlet, macaron filled with raspberry jam, shortbread cookie with orange zest, vanilla cream éclair with chocolate drizzle
I chose Margaret’s Hope Darjeeling for my tea of the day and it was quite aromatic and layered. I would recommend that you request loose leaf tea when ordering, otherwise tea bags are provided as the default.
I liked the savoury smoked salmon pin wheels and the scones with Devonshire cream. Out of the pastries, my favourite was the buttery orange zest shortbread cookie. Overall, although the macaron and Dobos tarte were a tad disappointing, afternoon tea at the Fairmont Palliser was an enjoyable experience.
- Source: foodstyleaholic.com